Updated July, 13 2021
We take the health and well-being of our students and their families very seriously. Our procedures regarding the COVID-19 pandemic are listed below. Please read them carefully, and we ask that you respect them while in our shared space. These procedures will be updated as health regulations are altered and/or new information is made available.
We understand that this is not an ideal situation, and some of these policies may be tedious or even frustrating, but it is important that we do our part regarding COVID-19.
This will not last forever, and we won’t let it stop us from dancing!
Drop-off & Pick-up:
- Students should wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival at the studio, as well as at the end of their dance class.
- Parents/guardians may bring their child downstairs to help them get settled but are encouraged not to wait in the waiting area during their child’s class unless it is necessary. If a dancer is old enough to make their own way downstairs without their parents help, we encourage them to do so.
* If a dancer is 2-5 years old, or cannot use the bathroom without help, one parent/guardian is welcome to stay for the duration of their class.
- Students should arrive as ready to go as possible to minimize their need to use the changerooms and washrooms – please do your best not to arrive more than 5 minutes early for class
- Parents/guardians should try to arrive no more than 5 minutes before the end of their child’s class to pick them up
- We are asking clients with admin. questions to contact us via telephone or email as much as possible, rather than in person. Automatic payments are also strongly encouraged.
• Please note that many of the above points are to help minimize the number of people in our building at one time; however, we understand that at some points parents will need to enter the space to speak with our office staff or supervise their children. Any government regulations regarding building capacity and COVID-19 will be followed.
- Everyone who signs up for in-person classes with Jay9 Dance Centre must agree not to enter the building if they are experiencing a new or worsening fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat (trouble swallowing), runny nose, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea. This agreement can be found in the waiver (Section A.2) issued during registration. (Please note that refunds will not be given for missed classes, and in-person make-up classes will not be available due to the need for accurate tracking and strict class size limits. In lieu of make-up classes, students may be given a video dance class which they may follow along with at home)
- Staff will also be required not to enter the building if they are experiencing the above-mentioned symptoms
- If a student experiences the above-mentioned symptoms during class time, they will be isolated from others and their parent/guardian will be contacted immediately
- Accurate Attendance Sheets will be kept of all students who attend classes each day
- Masks must be worn in the building at all times, except for children 2 years of age and under (we have disposable masks available for those who need one). Teachers will give extra water breaks to be sure students are comfortable (please send your dancer with a water bottle). Teachers will also check-in verbally with the dancers throughout the class to be sure they are not over-heating.
- Individuals are required to stay distanced by at least 2-metres in all common areas (our floors have been marked to help with this)
- Class sizes will have a strict size limit (depending on the age of the students and the room they are dancing in) to allow us to maintain a safe distance during our classes
- Our studio floors have been marked in a grid fashion to help students and teachers remain distanced by at least 2-metres throughout their classes. Each student will be assigned a specific colour-coded square for the duration of their lesson. If a teacher would like to work on a travelling step, students will move to a marked spot along the wall corresponding to their square. Dancers would then travel along the middle of the room one at a time which will allow us to maintain a safe distance. Some of our oldest dancers may be allowed to travel in a circle formation, depending on the numbers in the class and whether the teacher feels confident that they can truly maintain a 2-metres throughout that exercise. - Teachers will focus on giving students visual and verbal cues throughout their lessons. If a hands-on correction is needed due to safety reasons (i.e. – Acro tricks), teachers will remain masked before and after the correction is given. - There will be no partner work in any of the classes until further notice
- There will be a thorough cleaning of the building each day prior to the start of classes
- Hand-sanitizer will be readily available throughout the building
- If a class uses dance props, each student will receive individual props that will not be shared with other students. These props will be clearly labelled and cleaned regularly
Thank you for your cooperation in following these new policies. Please do not be afraid to contact us with any questions or concerns.